Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Hope everybody had a really happy Mother's Day today!

I had a wonderful day - slept late, had a wonderful breakfast, and planted some flowers. Mom, I wanted to post some pictures to show you the potted plants that I put together (with your help). I think they turned out pretty well. I'm so looking forward to seeing how they grow.

I know people have asked to see pictures of the new house. I was going to take some pictures today, but I got a little side-tracked. Here's a shot out into the backyard. The deck and backyard are the best parts of the house. I think we've spent more time out here than in the house.


Here's a couple of colorful chairs we bought today and a little one for Rowan (forgot to take the plastic off before taking the picture).


Some peppers....




Dad, Rowan really likes the bird book -




But I think I like it even more. The neighbors probably think we have all kinds of strange birds in our yard. haha.
Today we saw a bluebird flutter by. I ran into the house and grabbed the bird book, and guess what?! I hit the bluebird call and next thing I knew there were five (FIVE) bluebirds all right around us! It was amazing. So I got these pictures (these are cropped, not taken with a zoom lens, so they are a little funny looking), but check out the bluebirds. Turns out there are a LOT of them up here. I'm going to get a birdhouse to face East so maybe we can have our own little family of them.



1 comment:

Rae said...

Looks awesome Ash!
But really, the most amazing thing is that hair.