Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rowan!

When we found out we were going to have a baby Rowan, I honestly didn't know what to expect. I assumed that we'd never sleep again. Everyone had said that 3 hours of straight crying was difficult, and so I tried to prepare for that. I didn't know how hard it would be.


Hard it was, but I could've never fathomed how amazing having a little Rowan in our lives would be. Every day is something new that he's learning, discovering for the first time. It's pretty great to watch that little spongey brain as it is absorbing, soaking in the world.


The first birthday was really enjoyable. We had a party, had lots of family and friends to visit, had cake, had gifts. It was all great fun, and Rowan seemed to enjoy (almost) every minute of it.

Thank you to all of our family and friends who came to celebrate and who came all the way over to Birmingham. And if Rowan could talk, I think he'd be telling everybody thank you so much for all of his gifts and for the thought of just being there to share the day.

I have more than a few pictures. But it is late, and I really should go on to bed. So here's one to get it started:)



1 comment:

Ali said...

I bet it was so fun! Sorry we missed it but hope to see you soon!!! :)