Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Greatest Show on Earth


We went to the circus this year. We spent a fortune. We caved at the light-up, spinning toys (to be fair, Rowan still has a working toy from the circus we went to 2 years ago, so they aren't as crappy as they used to be). We were a little shell-shocked from the price of things, but then the show began...and it was all worth it. Every...last...cent was worth it for Lydia's reaction. I've never seen her so excited about anything. She kept saying, "Wow, Mommy! Wow!!" and she'd jump up and down and point and call out the animals. She was waving and yelling, "Hi, Doggy! Hi Horsey!" It was just awesome. I wish I could somehow freeze that memory in my mind b/c it was one of the happiest moments of my life. I didn't get a picture of her response b/c I was just trying to keep her from toppling over the people in front of us (in all her excitement), but here she is admiring her little spinning toy thing.



No comments: